The combined BS/MS and degree program allows qualified students to double-count technical elective credit hours to both their BS and master's degree in ECE at UF. Students in the combined degree program can begin graduate course work in their senior year. This program is only available to current UF students. Please note that graduate courses taken before admission to the BS/MS program can not be counted towards both degrees.
The following documents are required as part of the application and review process:
- A statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation (ECE professors are preferred).
- Unofficial undergraduate transcripts
- GRE test score
To be eligible for the combined degree program, students must satisfy the following minimum criteria:
- Must have a 4EG senior status and at least a year left as an undergraduate before beginning the BS/MS or BS/PhD program.
- Must have a GRE score of 310 or higher. A GRE Analytical Writing score of 3.5 is required.
- Must have an upper division GPA of at least 3.3 for the BS/MS program and 3.7 for the BS/PhD program.
- Must have completed at least seven EEL-prefixed core courses and 2 EE labs
To start your application to the combined degree program, email Graduate Admissions Coordinator Brenda McDonnell, at email@example.com, including the following information in the body of your email:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Email address
Do NOT fill out the UF Graduate Admission application at this time! Once the information requested is received, an ECE application will be created and an automatic email with instructions on how to complete the application will be mailed to you.
|Fall||April 1 – deadline for US domestic students|
Students will be notified via email regarding the admission decision. Once admitted, BS/MS students will be sorted into one of two tracks:
- Honors Track: The Honors Track is for those students whose upper division grade point average is 3.3 or higher. It allows double-counting of 6 graduate credit hours for the bachelor's and master's degrees.
- High Honors Track: The High Honors Track is for those students whose upper division grade point average is 3.6 or higher. It allows double-counting of 12 graduate credit hours for the bachelor's and master's degrees.
Students admitted to the BS/PhD program are allowed to double-count 12 graduate credit hours for the bachelor's and PhD degrees. All double-counted credit hours must be 5000- or 6000-level electrical engineering courses with a grade of B or higher. These may be double-counted for credit as electrical engineering undergraduate technical electives and towards a master's degree credit requirement. The selection of courses must be approved by the ECE Student Services Office advisors.
In the semester the student graduates with his/her undergraduate degree; the student must complete the UF Graduate School application and submit the $30 application fee. Students should not submit statements of purpose or letters of recommendation through the UF application. Students are required to submit an official GRE test score. Official GRE score reports can be sent directly from ETS using UF Code 5812. Please do not send hardcopies of any admissions materials to the ECE Department or ECE Student Services Office.