The ECE IT group provides computing support to Students, Staff and Faculty members within and associated with our Department. We provide shared resources such as E-Mail, Web, Name Service, Network File Storage, and Application Servers for department critical computing resources in addition to teaching and research laboratories.
The ECE computing resources are available 24/7 throughout the calendar year for Students and Faculty to assist with coursework and research interests. Please be advised that each system may contain it's own set of acceptable use policies which limit access for specific areas of work.
- UF Email (@ufl.edu or @ece.ufl.edu)
- IMAP Settings
- Incoming : imap.mail.ufl.edu (ssl port 993)
- Outgoing : smtp.ufl.edu (ssl/tls port 587)
- Webmail : https://mail.ufl.edu/owa
- Exchange Settings
- Simply put in your @ufl.edu address and password and the mail client should autodetect the rest
- IMAP Settings
Cloud File Storage
- File storage for syncing to multiple clients (like DropBox) is based on Seafile, clients are available for Windows, MAC, iPhone, etc
- Use your @ufl.edu email address for username and associated password to logon
- Intended usage is for maintaining a copy of Department/University documents you may want to access while outside of UF networks, not for heavy usage such as our File Server
- Has builtin sharing capabilities for sharing to other UF accounts or via email links for non UF contacts
- All users must adhere to UF's Acceptable Use Policy
File Server Access
- Staff and Faculty can have file storage space for individual and shared access. If you do not have an account simply request one from the IT Team.
- If off-campus you must first establish a VPN connection with UF
- Contact the IT group for additional settings