New Graduate Student Information
Welcome to the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Florida!
We are glad you have decided to join our program. This page contains important links that will help introduce you to the ECE department and the University of Florida. These links include:
- The Graduate Guidelines: This booklet contains the rules and regulations of our degree programs. Please familiarize yourself with the part that applies to your degree.
- Fall 2018 ECE New Student Graduate Advising Information Video by Cynthia Turner, ECE Graduate Student Advisor (Sign in using your Gatorlink credentials)
- A List of the Research Division Coordinators: Faculty members who can provide detailed information about the courses and research projects offered by their area.
- An Academic Calendar and Course Schedule, which lists important academic dates and course offerings for the semester. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.
- Current ECE Graduate Student Page: This is where the latest information will be posted. Students should check this page regularly.
All new graduate students are required to check in at the Student Services Office, 230 Larsen, starting August 1. Before checking in with Student Services, new students are expected to have read the Graduate Guidelines.
New Student Welcome
ECE held a general welcome orientation and division research presentations for all new ECE graduate students on August 16, 2018 at 10am in Room 100 of the Engineering Buliding (NEB 100). View the presentation here.
- General questions can be sent to the Graduate Academic Advisor by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person at Larsen Hall 230.New students can sign up for general question and answer sessions with the graduate advisor here.
- Dr. John Shea is the Graduate Coordinator and directs our graduate program. Dr. Shea can be reached by email at email@example.com in person at NEB 439. He will be available to meet with students who have questions about the degree program.
- ECE Payroll and Personnel Office (392-9742, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) is the office that will assist you to register for employment, for research assistantships, teaching assistantships, and fellowships. The Personnel and Payroll Office is located in Larsen Hall, room 226. If you have accepted a research or teaching assistantship for the Fall 2018 semester, you must present yourself in person to the Personnel and Payroll Office before August 10, 2018. Failure to do so will negatively impact your assistantship status.
We all wish you much success during your studies and beyond.