New Graduate Student Information
Welcome to the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Florida!
We are glad you have decided to join our program. This webpage contains important links that will help introduce you to the ECE department and the University of Florida. These links include:
- The Graduate Guidelines: This booklet contains the rules and regulations of our degree programs. Please familiarize yourself with the part that applies to your degree.
- Fall 2017 ECE New Student Graduate Advising Information Video by Cynthia Turner, ECE Graduate Student Advisor
- A List of the Research Division Coordinators: Faculty members who can provide detailed information about the courses and research projects offered by their area.
- An Academic Calendar and Course Schedule, which lists important academic dates and course offerings for the semester. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us directly.
- Current ECE Graduate Student Page: This is where the latest information will be posted. Students should check this page regularly.
All new graduate students are required to check in at the Student Services Office, 230 Larsen, starting August 1. Before checking in with Student Services, new students are expected to have read the Graduate Guidelines.
ECE held a general welcome orientation and division research presentations for all new ECE graduate students on August 17, 2017 at 9am in Room 100 of the Engineering Buliding (NEB 100). You can access the video from the orientation here. You will need to log in with your Gatorlink credentials.
Our contact information is listed below:
- General questions can be sent to the Graduate Academic Advisor (email: email@example.com. Larsen Hall 230). New students can sign-up for general question and answer sessions with the graduate advisor here.
- Dr. John Shea (email:firstname.lastname@example.org) is the Graduate Coordinator and directs our graduate program. Dr. Shea's office is NEB 439. He will be available to meet with students who have questions about the degree program.
- ECE Payroll and Personnel Office (392-9742, email: email@example.com) is the office that will assist you to register for employment, for research assistantships, teaching assistantships, and fellowships. The Personnel and Payroll Office is located in Larsen Hall, room 226. If you have accepted a research or teaching assistantship for the Fall 2017 semester, you must present yourself in person to the Personnel and Payroll Office before August 1, 2017. Failure to do so will negatively impact your assistantship status.
We all wish you much success during your studies and beyond.
Other Important Links