Associate Professor, Director of Undergraduate Computer Engineering Program, UF Site Director of NSF SHREC Center
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 116200, Gainesville, FL 32611-6200
[ Map ]
Computer engineering, database management and computer architecture.
Publications – Book
- H. Lam and J.R. O’Malley, Fundamentals of Computer Engineering – Logic Design and
Microprocessors, John Wiley & Son, New York, N.Y., 1988, 490 pages.
Publications – IEEE/ACM Computer Engineering Curricula Guideline
- Joint Task Group on Computer Engineering Curricula, Association for Computing
Machinery (ACM) and IEEE Computer Society, “Computer Engineering Curricula 2016,
Curriculum Guidelines for Undergraduate Degree Programs in Computer
Engineering”, ISBN: 978-1-4503-4875-1, December 15, 2016. CE2016 Steering
Committee from IEEE: Eric Durant, Herman Lam, Robert Reese, and Lorraine Herger;
Steering Committee from ACM: John Impagliazzo (Chair), Susan Conry, Joseph Hughes,
Liu Weidong, Lu Junlin, Andrew McGettrick, and Victor Nelson.
Publications – Refereed Journals
- B. Lam, A. George, and H. Lam, “Analysis and Design Optimization of SCIF
Communications for PGAS Computing with SHMEM Across Many-core Coprocessors”,
Concurrency and Computation, Practice and Experience, submitted for publication.
- S. Craciun, P. Zicari, C. Wilson, A. George, and H. Lam, “Real-Time FPGA Architecture
for SURF Object Recognition”, Journal of Real-Time Image Processing, submitted for
- S. Craciun, R. Kirchgessner, A. George, J. Principe, and H. Lam, “A Real-Time,
Power-Efficient Architecture for Mean-Shift Image Segmentation”, Journal of
Real-Time Image Processing, Vol. 14, No. 2, March 2018, pp. 379-394.
Honors and Awards:
- National Science Foundation, Alexander Schwarzkopf Prize for Technology Innovation, 2012
- PhD, Electrical Engineering, University of Florida, 1979
- ME, Electrical Engineering, University of Florida, 1974
- BSEE, Georgia Institute of Technology, 1972