If you’re thinking about pursuing a graduate degree, the Master of Science or Doctoral program in Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Florida may be right for you!
There’s never been a better time to join ECE Florida. Graduate students in the department are surrounded by opportunities to learn and advance their careers in a wide variety of areas in engineering. Here are several reasons to consider ECE Florida:
- Flexibility: Customize your plan of study with more than 80 graduate-level courses offered
- Opportunity: Participate in recruiting and job fairs with top-tier corporations
- Internships: Over 60% of our students secure internships with major employers
- Faculty: 55 tenured or tenure track research faculty with a wide range of research interests
- Success: More than 95% of students admitted to the master’s program graduate on time
Outstanding students like you are the reason our graduate program is so successful. See additional application information below.
If you have any questions about our program, please feel free to contact us.
|Dr. Alina Zare
Faculty Graduate Admissions Coordinator
|Staff Graduate Admissions Coordinatoremail@example.com|
On This Page
To apply, start by submitting a graduate application with the UF Office of Admissions here: http://admissions.ufl.edu/apply/graduate/. Please note: on the “Program of Study” page of your UF application, choose the Master of Science, Master of Engineering, or Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical and Computer Engineering. If you select a degree in Computer Engineering, your application will be referred to the Department of Computer and Information Science and Engineering, and the ECE Department will not have access to it.
For detailed application instructions, see the Application Procedure page.
Applicants to the ECE graduate program must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum GRE verbal score of 140
- Minimum GRE analytical writing score of 3.5
- If English proficiency test is required, a minimum TOEFL score of 80 or minimum IELTS score of 6
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 for masters applicants, or 3.5 of 4.0 for PhD applicants
Application deadlines for ECE graduate programs are as follows:
- December 5th
- PhD Applicants
- January 31st
- International MS Applicants
- April 1st
- Domestic MS Applicants
Spring and summer admissions are limited to current ECE undergraduates, applicants to the EDGE program, and funded PhD applicants. Applications from students that don’t meet these criteria will not be considered without permission from ECE graduate admissions. Questions about eligibility for spring and summer admission should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To check your application status, visit the Office of Admissions application portal here: http://admissions.ufl.edu/appstatus