Contacts and Resources

The Herbert Wertheim College of Engineering values broad diversity within our community and is committed to individual and group empowerment, inclusion, and the elimination of discrimination. It is expected that every UF student, faculty  and staff person will treat one another with dignity and respect regardless of gender, sexuality, disability, age, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, race, and culture.

ECE IDEA-Related Funds Requests

ECE TI Scholar Application Form

ECE TI Senior Lab Assistance Application Form (need-based)

ECE Florida IDEA Request Form (For general events that promoted ECE IDEA-related activities.)


For Further Discussion, Counseling or Help

UFECE and HWCoE have several places you can go for further discussion, counseling or help.

Commitment to a Safe Learning Environment:

If you feel like your performance in class is being impacted by discrimination or harassment of any kind, please contact your instructor or any of the following college of engineering personnel:
Your academic advisor
Your Graduate Program Coordinator
Director of Human Resources, or
Associate Dean of Student Affairs

Health and wellness:

U Matter, We Care

Your well-being is important to the University of Florida. The U Matter, We Care initiative is committed to creating a culture of care on our campus by encouraging members of our community to look out for one another and to reach out for help if a member of our community is in need. If you or a friend is in distress, please contact so that the U Matter, We Care Team can reach out to the student in distress. A nighttime and weekend crisis counselor is available by phone at 352-392-1575. The U Matter, We Care Team can help connect students to the many other helping resources available including, but not limited to, Victim Advocates, Housing staff, and the Counseling and Wellness Center. Please remember that asking for help is a sign of strength.

In case of emergency, call 9-1-1.

Counseling and Wellness Center:

Sexual Discrimination, Harassment, Assault, or Violence

If you or a friend has been subjected to sexual discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual assault, or violence contact the Office of Title IX Compliance,

Sexual Assault Recovery Services

Student Health Care Center, 392-1161.

University Police Department

Call 9-1-1 for emergencies

Other Student Issues on Campus