Welcome to the ECE Florida graduate program!
We are glad you have decided to join our program. Use these important links to acquaint yourself with ECE Florida.
- The Graduate Guidelines: This booklet contains the rules and regulations of our degree programs. Please familiarize yourself with the part that applies to your degree.
- Fall 2021 ECE New Student Graduate Advising Information Video by Cynthia Turner, ECE Graduate Student Advisor
- Spring 2021 Master of Science Graduate Orientation, with Cynthia Turner, ECE Graduate Student Advisor and Dr. Y.K. Yoon, Faculty Graduate Coordinator
- The Research Divisions page, which includes links to the four major divisions and contact information for the area chairs
- The graduate Course Schedule, which lists important academic dates and course offerings for the semester
- The ECE graduate academic calendar (Canvas), which is updated regularly to reflect university and departmental critical dates.
|Use the virtual lobby and online questionnaire for students to speak with your advisor: Virtual Lobby
Classes start on Monday, August 23.
|Important dates for the Fall 2021 semester||Link|
|Complete the check-in form||Link|
|Students on GA/TA/GSPA Only||Confirm with ECE Payroll that all paperwork is complete|
|International Students on Campus Only||Check-in with the International Center|
|UF Graduate School virtual Fall 2021 orientation, August 16 (18, 19 & 20 are optional)||Details here:|
|Mandatory ECE Department orientation|
|The ECE graduate advisors will conduct virtual Q&A sessions for new students. Attendance is required for all new graduate students. There are three sessions available for Master’s students—students are required to attend one. Before attending a Q&A session, you must view the New Student Graduate Advising Information Video.|
|Master’s Student Q&A Session 1 –
Thursday, Aug. 19, 3-4 pm
|Master’s Student Q&A Session 2 –
Friday, Aug. 20, 9:30-10:30 am
|Master’s Student Q&A Session 3 –
Tuesday, Aug. 24, 4-5 pm
|PhD Student Q&A – Wednesday, Sept. 8, 2-3 pm||Recording|
You’ll get all the information you need about registering for classes, areas of specialization, degree requirements, and other academic questions at the orientation and Q&A events.
- General questions can be sent to the Graduate Academic Advisor. New students can sign up for general question and answer sessions with the graduate advisor here.
- Dr. Y.K. Yoon (firstname.lastname@example.org) is the Graduate Coordinator and directs our graduate program.
- ECE Payroll and Personnel can be reached by phone at (352) 392-9742, or by email. The Payroll and Personnel Office will assist you to register for employment, for research assistantships, teaching assistantships, and fellowships. If you have accepted a research or teaching assistant ship for the Fall semester, you must visit, in person, the Personnel and Payroll Office before August 1. Failure to do so will negatively impact your assistantship status.