As Electrical and Computer Engineering majors you will enroll in lab-intensive courses* to complete your degree program. Specific lab equipment and supplies are needed for your success in our lab courses. Listed below is the equipment you will use the most as a student in the ECE Department. Students should also review course syllabi each semester for any updates or adjustments.
The minimum ECE computer requirements are listed on the IT Resources page.
Analog Discovery 2 (REQUIRED)
The Digilent Analog Discovery 2 (DAD) board is required for EEL 3111C and EEL 3701C and at least three additional required courses. The DAD board is available for purchase at the UF Bookstore.
- ekpower MAS830L AC/DC 600V, DC 10A Digital Multimeter with Continuity Test & Back-lit Display,MS8268 Series,Tekpower OEM
- FLUKE-106 Palm-Sized Digital Multimeter
- Fluke 110 Plus essential multimeter true-rms 77
Soldering Iron (Purchase is highly recommended, but not required. Students need to have immediate access to this equipment)
- Safety glasses: CREWS CL110 Checklite Anti-Scratch Resistant Safety Glasses Clear Lens
- Needle-nosed pliers: Performance Tool 1105 5″ Long Nose Pliers
- Wire cutters: DOWELL Micro Cutter Flush Cutter Electronics Soft Wire Cutter Professional Cutting Copper And Aluminum Wire Cables
- Flux: MG Chemicals 837-P Water Soluble Flux Pen, 10mL
- Desoldering braid: MG Chemicals Desoldering Braid #2 Fine Braid Super Wick with RMA Flux, 5′ Length x 0.05″ Width, Yellow
- Solder: WYCTIN 60-40 Tin Lead Rosin Core Solder Wire for Electrical Soldering and DIY 0.0236 inches(0.6mm) 0.11lbs
- Soldering Iron: Weller SP25NUS Weller SP25NUS 25-Watts Soldering Iron, 3.000mm, Red/Black
- Soldering Station:
*EEL3000, EEL3111C, EEL3008, EEL3211C, EEL3701C, EEL3923C, EEL4744C, EEL4712C, EEL4924C, EEE3308C, EEE3396C and EEE4306 heavily utilize this equipment. Other courses may also require this equipment. Please check individual course syllabi for more information.