Integrated Product & Process Design (IPPD) Program
IPPD is an experiential education program where multidisciplinary teams of senior-level undergraduates work for two semesters designing, building, and testing authentic products for industrial and research sponsors. Student applications open every year the first week of March. Visit ippd.ufl.edu for more information. Participants have the opportunity to:
- Gain real-world engineering experience
- Be part of a multidisciplinary team
- Work with industry liaisons
- Travel to sponsor sites
- Manage a prototype budget of $2,000
- IPPD is a Fall/Spring sequence (IPPD 1 fall only & IPPD 2 spring only)
- Electrical Engineering majors are required to take EEL3923C along with IPPD 1 and IPPD 2.
- EEL3923C counts as Design 1, IPPD 1 counts as an EE Technical Elective, IPPD 2 counts for Design 2.